Unofficial Election Results-November 6, 2018, General & Special Elections


Disposal of Appliances That Use Refrigerants.
Refrigerant containing appliances such as refrigerators, freezers, water coolers and air conditioners that are no longer needed are often brought to Boise County transfer stations.  Starting in January 2018, when a resident brings an appliance to a Boise County transfer station you will be required fill out a Refrigerant Recovery Statement.  Transfer station attendants will provide the form for you or you can print a form from the Boise County Web Site at  The charge for these appliances remains at $20.00 as set by Boise County resolution 2017-14.   Section 608 of the Clean Air Act prohibits the knowing release of refrigerant during the maintenance, service, repair, or disposal of air-conditioning and refrigeration equipment.  The Act also requires proper refrigerant management practices by appliance disposal facilities.  The information you will need to provide is you name, address and phone number along with the make, model and serial number if known, of the appliance you are disposing of.  If a technician has recovered the refrigerant from your appliance prior to disposal at a Boise County facility, you will also need to provide the name, address and phone number of the technician and the date the refrigerant was recovered.  If you have any questions please call the Boise County Solid Waste office at 208-793-2447.  Also remember to clean out and remove doors from refrigerators and freezers before coming to the transfer station to save time.    


Lucky Peak - Spring Shores Dock Improvement Project 

Southern Idaho Sailing Outreach (SISO) is assisting Ada County Parks and Waterways in applying for a dock improvement grant at Spring Shores Marina, Lucky Peak State Park.  The grant is funded by the Waterways Improvement Fund (WIF), administered by Idaho Department of Parks and Recreation.   If successful, the grant will complete the purchase and installation of low profile docks to be used by small non-motorized watercraft at Lucky Peak.
Last year, SISO assisted Ada County Parks and Waterways in applying for Phase 1 of the project.  The grant application was successful and, as of November 2017, 27 of the planned 51 docks had been procured and delivered for installation in spring of 2018.  Associated with the dock procurement is development of a hand launched non-motorized boat launch.  The current grant application, if successful, will finish the project by procuring and installing the remaining 24 docks.
Completion of the Spring Shores dock and ramp project will significantly improve non-motorized water craft opportunities at Lucky Peak Reservoir - an underserved recreation component at Spring Shores Marina.  It will also pave the way for future small boat sailing classes in partnership with the City of Boise Department of Parks and Recreation.
For more information, please visit the SISO website at  See the "Projects" tab
Comments should be directed to Scott Koberg, Director, Ada County Parks and Waterways: 

Information: DMV has been moved to the Sheriff's Office, located at 3851 Hwy 21 in Idaho City.  Please contact 392-6059 with any question.

Veteran's Day Article-Man's Best Friend

Burn permits required through October 20th.  Idahoans must obtain a burn permit from the Idaho Department of Lands (IDL) before starting certain debris burning activities. The permits can be obtained at or in person at IDL offices statewide.

Pioneer Fire Flood Information  

Boise Street bridge in Horseshoe Bend is closed indefinately for evaluation.


Boise National Forest Now Accepting Idaho Parks and Recreation Grant Proposal Public Comments for Snowmobile Area 8B Garden Valley Trail Signage project click here




EBCA ADVISORY BOARD MEETING - Meetings are the first Thursday of each month at the EBCAD building, 204 Commercial Street, Idaho City. The next meeting will be Tuesday, November 7th, at 6:00 p.m..

LEPC MEETING - Public meetings of the Local Emergency Planning Committee are held monthly to coordinate emergency response planning and activities throughout Boise County.  The next meeting will be on Tuesday, November 20th at the Garden Valley High School at 6pm.






Contact information on Department pages | County Employee Login
Images from Boise County, Idaho